Attention! Watch this item to be notified when: - the price of this item drops by 10% or more - another user makes an offer on this item - if the item is ever re-listed
MONSTER MOD MACHINE Powered by advanced BOSS technology, the ultra-versatile MD-500 delivers nearly any type of modulation effect a musician could want, and then some. Included are 28 different algorithms with intensive programming parameters, offering a nearly limitless sound palette to create with. And with class-defying 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate throughout, youll enjoy pristine sound quality that extends beyond the capabilities of the very best studio hardware.
Effects in the MD-500 include many new Prime types developed with cutting-edge BOSS tech, plus authentic sonic recreations of vintage classics like the CE-1 Chorus Ensemble, Roland Dimension D, 70s script phaser, 80s tri-chorus, and numerous others. With the ability to use two patches at once with A/B Simul mode, the MD-500 can likely cover all your mod needs with one convenient pedal. And by inserting drive pedals in the MD-500s flexible external loop, its easy to place mod effects before, after, or around the loop as needed for the very best sound.
Twelve Modes and 28 Mod Effect Types
The MD-500 includes 12 modes with 28 different mod effect algorithms, and every one of them has been newly developed specifically for this pedal. All the go-to standards are here: chorus, vibrato, flanger, phaser, tremolo, rotary, classic vibe, and ring mod. Auto wah and touch wah effects are on hand too, plus BOSS originals like Slicer and Overtone. Slicer fans will welcome the ability to program custom patterns, an additional feature to the original SL-20 Slicer pedal. And with the MD-500s spot-on recreation of Rolands Dimension D from the 1980s, you can add amazing width and depth with one of the most revered studio rack effects of all time.
Prime Tone For the MD-500, standard effects like chorus, flanger, phaser, and others have been refreshed with BOSSs advanced new Prime algorithms. Using ultra-fast, high-powered DSP and the latest technology, BOSS engineers have reimagined these essential effects for enhanced expression, extended range, and maximum transparency. With an array of adjustable parameters per type, you have a massive range of sound-shaping potential at your fingers. Some effects even have all-new parameters never seen in BOSS effects before, such as the Bell and Sweetness settings included in the Prime Chorus algorithm.
Extraordinary Sound The MD-500 features 32-bit/96 kHz AD/DA, exceeding all industry standards for pedal-based effects. All internal processing is 32-bit floating point and runs at a 96 kHz sampling rate as well, delivering pristine sonic quality that goes beyond the highest-level digital processors used in top pro studios. And with selectable true-bypass or buffered-bypass operation, you can choose the best setting to suit the needs of any pedalboard setup.
Advanced Interface, Intuitive Operation The MD-500 is equipped with a large LCD that clearly shows the patch name and other vital performance information. It also makes it easy to view and adjust the units deep editing parameters and advanced control features. With the grab-and-go panel knobs, you have top-level access to essential adjustments like depth and effect level, plus two parameter controls that change dynamically with the selected effect type. And via USB, you can connect with the free MD-500 Editor/Librarian on your computer for remote editing, patch backup, and more.
A/B Simul Mode and Insert Loop Function A/B Simul mode further extends the MD-500s versatility by letting you run two patches at once. A selectable series or parallel connection enables all sorts of tone-shaping possibilities, and you can even send each effect to its own separate output if you like. The MD-500 also features an external loop that lets you insert gain and drive pedals and set the ideal effect order on a per-patch basis. For example, you can place a phaser or classic vibe before a drive pedal in one patch, and a chorus or flanger after the drive in the next. And when youre in A/B Simul mode, its even possible to position the loop between two different mod effects.
Intensive Real-Time Control With its freely assignable switches and extensive real-time control support, the MD-500 delivers unmatched expression and performance flexibility. By default, the A, B, and TAP/CTL switches offer control for patch/bank selection and bypass, plus tap tempo or real-time adjustment of one or more parameters. If you like, the switches can be customized to access three different mod patches, A/B Simul mode, and other functions. Via the rear-panel CTL 1,2/EXP jack, you can plug in up to two footswitches for further control, or an expression pedal to adjust wah, effect rate, and other parameters. MIDI I/O is also included, enabling further creative possibilities with advanced setups.
MD-500 Modes and Algorithms ChorusFour types: Prime, CE-1 Chorus, CE-1 Vibrato, and TRI-CHO. FlangerTwo types: Prime G (for guitar) and Prime B (for bass). Phaser Three types: Prime G (for guitar), Prime B (for bass), and Script. Classic VibeTwo types: Chorus (mixed output) and Vibrato (effect-only output). VibratoTwo types: Prime and Scanner (tonewheel organ-style vibrato). TremoloFour types: Prime T and Prime P, plus Twin and Deluxe amp-style tremolo. DimensionModels the legendary Roland SDD-320 Dimension D rack unit; includes the original four sound modes and an all-new fifth mode, plus a user setting for saving any combination of modes. Ring ModClassic ring modulation effects, plus Intelligent mode for enhanced clarity when playing scales. RotaryVintage rotating speaker effect with slow and fast speeds. FilterAuto wah and touch wah (with independent types optimized for guitar and bass), plus pattern filter type. SlicerOriginal BOSS effect derived from the popular SL-20 Slicer, with programmable options not available in the SL-20 pedal. OvertoneOriginal BOSS effect based on the MO-2 Multi Overtone pedal; uses MDP tech to alter the input signals pitch and harmonic characteristics, allowing you to create unique new sound textures.
Why buy from Melody Music Shop, LLC?
Located in Bloomington, Indiana, Melody Music Shop strives to maintain a diverse, high quality inventory along with exceptional customer service. We carry a wide range of instruments and accessories, including new and used guitars, band and orchestral instruments, pianos, amps, sound systems, and so much more!
With certified technicians on staff and a century + of experience between them all, you can rest assured any instrument you purchase from Melody Music Shop LLC is in the best condition possible! Our ENTIRE STORE is maintained at 50% humidity year round per manufacturers stringent requirements. All items will be packaged carefully to ensure their safe arrival. Guitars will have their string tension lowered and packaged to manufacture specs or better. Melody Music Shop LLC guarantees quality products, fast shipping, and top-notch customer service!
Please contact us if you have any questions!
Layaway is an option!
Layaway items require an initial down payment of 25%.
Layaway items can be held here for up to 90 days.
A payment of 25% (or more) is due on the 30th, 60th, and 90th day from the layaway start date (although payments may be made before the scheduled due date).
The item will ship immediately following payment in full, which may be before the 90 day layaway period.
There are no returns on layaway items. There are no refunds of payments towards a layaway item.
Please contact us with any further questions regarding our layaway policy!
Items purchased from our store will ship out within 1 business day of receiving payment. FedEX Ground or Home Delivery, fully insured, will be used for shipping instruments and large items. Items over $200 will require a signature. Accessories and other small items will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail.
We accept PayPal and will only ship to confirmed ship-to addresses listed on the PayPal account.
We accept Visa, Discover, Mastercard, and American Express. The shipping and billing address must match in order for us to ship the item to that address.
Payments via Reverb are safe and secure too!
Thank you for looking :)
- We carry most items in inventory so we can ship your items without delay.
Most purchases leave our warehouse within 2 business-days of receipt of your order. Orders received on Friday, Saturday & Sunday will ship out Monday. (Our shipping department is closed on weekends & major US holidays.)
- Some of our items are shipped directly from the supplier. These items may require longer shipping times. Large orders, or orders which include items shipped directly from our suppliers, will arrive in multiple boxes.
- If you live within the continental US you will have the following options and associated shipping & handling costs at checkout:
Orders up to $50 – $7.99
Most orders over $50 – Free Shipping
Some exclusions apply – contact us for expedited and large / heavyweight item shipping quotes
- If a package is not able to be delivered by for any reason and returned to us, the customer will be responsible for the original shipping cost, plus the cost of returned shipping, as well as shipping costs to be resent if you desire.
- Orders to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and APO addresses (AA & AP) are shipped the best way based on weight, package size, and location. Please refer below for International Shipping information.
- Once your order has been processed for shipment you will receive shipment notification from via the email you provided at checkout. This email will contain a tracking number and a link to the shipper’s website for your convenience. If you do not receive this notice, please check your spam folders.
- If you received the wrong product, or if it arrives defective or damaged in transit, please contact us within 2 days of receipt so we can assist you to resolve the problem. All damages incurred during shipment will be the responsibility of the shipping company which delivered the item (Fedex, USPS, or UPS).
We proudly ship to countries outside the United States of America: International orders are shipped the best way based on weight, package size, and location.
- All products are charged in USD (United States Dollars). Need help figuring out the rate of our products in your country? This currency calculator is an excellent tool: http://www.xe.com/.
All custom fees, taxes and duties are the sole responsibility of the customer.
The value of our package will be listed directly on your package as required by custom authorities.
The release of your package is at the sole discretion of custom agents.
Due to customs processing, some packages may be delayed delivery.
NOTE: Depending on the shipping that has been chosen, there may or may not be tracking available once your packaged leaves the US. Once the USPS verifies (via tracking/scanning information that is available at usps.com) that the package has left the country, we cannot be held responsible for any missing packages. If there is an issue It is the responsibility of the customer to provide the customer care team with solid, specific information from your countries postal service regarding an order for a refund to be issued. Please keep in mind that international orders may take a bit longer to be received by the customer as we have no control over customs. The buyer assumes all risk and responsibility when placing international orders.
Thanks for shopping at Melody Music Shop, LLC!
If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, we’re here to help.
- You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it.
- Your item must be in the original packaging with all original contents.
- Your item needs to have the receipt or proof of purchase.
If you need a different item including size or style and you are interested in returning an item in exchange for something else on the site, contact us and we’ll be glad to help you exchange your purchase or issue a store credit.
- Once we receive your item, we will inspect it and notify you that we have received your returned item. We will notify you on the status of your refund after inspecting the item.
- A restocking fee may be assessed if an item is not returned in it's originally sold condition. If the customer wishes to return an item they received because they do not like the item (i.e. sound, feel, look), the customer is responsible for shipping costs to and from and those costs will be deducted from the refund amount.
- If your return is approved, we will initiate a refund to your credit card (or original method of payment).
- You will receive the credit within a certain amount of days, depending on your payment method issuer’s policies.
- You will be responsible for paying the shipping costs to and from for returning an item that is not to your liking (see above). Shipping costs are nonrefundable.