Dean Markley 3000 Artist Transducer Acoustic Pickup
Attention! Watch this item to be notified when: - the price of this item drops by 10% or more - another user makes an offer on this item - if the item is ever re-listed
Dean Markley's Artist pickup is once again a pickup which is so unique that it is patented. Housed in a maple wood housing, Artist Transducer gives you that sound that every professional artist wants.
Through use of a lead differential weight the Dean Markley peizo reacts through compression rather than just bending, like all other Peizo pickups. This unique patented design gives Dean Markley's Artist Transducer its high quality sound at a price which is affordable. Artist Transducer's special mounting adhesive allows the Artist to be mounted and removed many, many times without hurting the finish. The Artist has been on the market for over 17 years and we've never had a complaint about it or the adhesive.
The producer’s suggestion to add a mandolin to the mix was a stroke of genius. As soon as we recorded it, we knew we had something special. I guess that’s why good producers are worth their weight in gold.
It wasn’t until we were getting ready to go out on the road that someone pointed out we’d need to amplify the mandolin. In our excitement, we’d forgotten that it didn’t have a pickup.
Our guitar tech tried several types of pickups in the mandolin, but everything sounded very harsh and brittle. Instead of the mandolin being the part that made the song, it became the part that made the song annoying.
It was Gary—our bass player—who saved the day. He remembered that when he needed to amplify a stand-up bass for a stint in an acoustic jazz trio, he’d been surprised at how well Dean Markley’s Artist Transducer had captured the true sound of the instrument.
It turned out to be the perfect fit… it allowed the mandolin to sound like a mandolin, instead of some type of stringed torture device.
Dean Markley’s Artist Transducer. True. Tone. And worth more than its weight in gold.
More Pickup Info
It's a great pickup for Violin, Cello, Stand-up-Bass, Banjo, Mandolin, Piano, Horn, or practically anything else you would ever want to amplify. We've even had a mechanic use one to pickup (pardon the pun) knocks and vibrations in engines. The bottom line is: if it vibrates, the Artist Pickup will catch the vibrations. You do whatever you want with them after that.
Why buy from Melody Music Shop, LLC?
Located in Bloomington, Indiana, Melody Music Shop strives to maintain a diverse, high quality inventory along with exceptional customer service. We carry a wide range of instruments and accessories, including new and used acoustic, electric, and bass guitars, band and orchestral instruments, drums, cymbals, percussion, pianos, keyboards, synthesizers, workstations, amplifiers, sound systems, and much, much more!
With certified technicians on staff and a century + of experience between them all, you can rest assured any instrument or accessory you purchase from Melody Music Shop LLC is in the best condition possible! Our ENTIRE STORE is maintained at 50% humidity year-round per manufacturer’s stringent requirements. All items will be packaged carefully to ensure their safe arrival. Guitars will have their string tension lowered and packaged to manufacture specs or better. Melody Music Shop LLC guarantees quality products, fast shipping, and top-notch customer service!
Please contact us if you have any questions!
Layaway is an option!
Layaway items require an initial down payment of 25%.
Layaway items can be held here for up to 90 days
A payment of 25% (or more) is due on the 30th, 60th, and 90th day from the
layaway start date (although payments may be made before the scheduled due date).
The item will ship immediately following payment in full, which may be before the 90 day layaway period.
There are no returns on layaway items. There are no refunds of payments towards a layaway item.
Please contact us with any further questions regarding our layaway policy!
Items purchased from our store will ship out within 1 business day of receiving payment. FedEX Ground or Home Delivery, fully insured, will be used for shipping instruments and large items. Items over $50 will require a signature. Accessories and other small items will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail.
We accept PayPal and will only ship to confirmed ship-to addresses listed on the PayPal account.
We accept Visa, Discover, Mastercard, and American Express. The shipping and billing address must match in order for us to ship an item to that location.
We also offer financing! Please call us for more information!
- We carry most items in inventory so we can ship your items without delay.
Most purchases leave our warehouse within 2 business-days of receipt of your order. Orders received on Friday, Saturday & Sunday will ship out Monday. (Our shipping department is closed on weekends & major US holidays.)
- Some of our items are shipped directly from the supplier. These items may require longer shipping times. Large orders, or orders which include items shipped directly from our suppliers, will arrive in multiple boxes.
- If you live within the continental US you will have the following options and associated shipping & handling costs at checkout:
Orders up to $50 – $7.99
Most orders over $50 – Free Shipping
Some exclusions apply – contact us for expedited and large / heavyweight item shipping quotes
- If a package is not able to be delivered by for any reason and returned to us, the customer will be responsible for the original shipping cost, plus the cost of returned shipping, as well as shipping costs to be resent if you desire.
- Orders to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and APO addresses (AA & AP) are shipped the best way based on weight, package size, and location. Please refer below for International Shipping information.
- Once your order has been processed for shipment you will receive shipment notification from via the email you provided at checkout. This email will contain a tracking number and a link to the shipper’s website for your convenience. If you do not receive this notice, please check your spam folders.
- If you received the wrong product, or if it arrives defective or damaged in transit, please contact us within 2 days of receipt so we can assist you to resolve the problem. All damages incurred during shipment will be the responsibility of the shipping company which delivered the item (Fedex, USPS, or UPS).
We proudly ship to countries outside the United States of America: International orders are shipped the best way based on weight, package size, and location.
- All products are charged in USD (United States Dollars). Need help figuring out the rate of our products in your country? This currency calculator is an excellent tool: http://www.xe.com/.
All custom fees, taxes and duties are the sole responsibility of the customer.
The value of our package will be listed directly on your package as required by custom authorities.
The release of your package is at the sole discretion of custom agents.
Due to customs processing, some packages may be delayed delivery.
NOTE: Depending on the shipping that has been chosen, there may or may not be tracking available once your packaged leaves the US. Once the USPS verifies (via tracking/scanning information that is available at usps.com) that the package has left the country, we cannot be held responsible for any missing packages. If there is an issue It is the responsibility of the customer to provide the customer care team with solid, specific information from your countries postal service regarding an order for a refund to be issued. Please keep in mind that international orders may take a bit longer to be received by the customer as we have no control over customs. The buyer assumes all risk and responsibility when placing international orders.
Thanks for shopping at Melody Music Shop, LLC!
If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, we’re here to help.
- You have 30 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it.
- Your item must be in the original packaging with all original contents.
- Your item needs to have the receipt or proof of purchase.
If you need a different item including size or style and you are interested in returning an item in exchange for something else on the site, contact us and we’ll be glad to help you exchange your purchase or issue a store credit.
- Once we receive your item, we will inspect it and notify you that we have received your returned item. We will notify you on the status of your refund after inspecting the item.
- If your return is approved, we will initiate a refund to your credit card (or original method of payment).
- You will receive the credit within a certain amount of days, depending on your card issuer’s policies.
- You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are nonrefundable.
- If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.