Attention! Watch this item to be notified when: - the price of this item drops by 10% or more - another user makes an offer on this item - if the item is ever re-listed
*PICTURES ARE OF THE ACTUAL GUITAR!*
Weight: 8lbs 14.2oz
The Epiphone Sheraton-II PRO honors Epiphone's most influential thin-line semi-hollowbody electric archtop, now with critically acclaimed ProBucker pickups with coil-tapping and a Graph Tech NuBone XL nut.
An Epiphone Icon: Hailed by blues legend John Lee Hooker as "an outdid 335," the Sheraton has been renown for decades for its combination of superior tone and beautiful pearloid and abalone inlay. Originally released in 1959, the inspiration for the "thin-line" or ES Series has its roots in Les Paul's first solidbody guitar, "The Log," that Les built in Epiphone's factory in Manhattan in 1940.
"The Log" was made from Epiphone parts with a 4" x 4" piece of pinewood down the middle. The ES Series is also semi-hollow with a solid center, which makes it more resistant to feedback than a typical archtop guitar.
Inside the Epiphone Sheraton-II PRO: "The Outdid 335" John Lee Hooker described the original Sheraton as an "outdid 335" for its striking fingerboard inlay, classic shape, and elegant ivory and black binding on the top, back, neck, headstock and f-holes. The new Sheraton-II PRO has the same profile and is made from laminated maple and topped with a bound "tortoise" style pickguard with a signature metal "E" (for Epiphone) and the same classic binding.
The Sheraton-II PRO has a hand-set 5-piece laminated hard maple/walnut 24.75 in. scale neck with a beautiful rosewood fingerboard with block and triangle pearloid and abalone inlays, 22 medium-jumbo frets, and a large vintage-style "tree of life" motif "Clipped Ear" headstock. The Epiphone Sheraton-II PRO also now comes with the new Graph Tech NuBone XL nut that is as hard as bone but will last a lifetime without chipping or cracking. Graph Tech molds and engineers each NuBone XL nut for consistent tone and string balance as well as precise string spacing.
ProBucker Humbuckers The Epiphone Sheraton II-PRO now features new critically acclaimed ProBucker humbuckers. The first humbuckers (often called "Patent Applied For" for the tell-tale sticker found on the back of the pickups) were made at the Epiphone/Gibson factory in Kalamazoo, Michigan in the late '50s and have acquired a mythical status among guitar players. Epiphone ProBucker pickups have that elusive tone because they are made with the same alloy as the originals - 18% nickel-silver unit bases and covers - along with Sand cast Alnico II magnets and high quality 4-conductor lead wire. Each ProBucker pickup is also vacuum wax potted to eliminate microphonics.
The Epiphone Sheraton-II PRO has a ProBucker-2 in the neck position and a slightly hotter ProBucker-3 in the lead position. Both pickups also have coil-tapping via their individual volume controls. Coil-tapping allows a player to turn a humbucker pickup into a single coil pickup for endless tone combinations. Each ProBucker pickup' volume and tone control use 1 500K Ohm potentiometers along with a 3-way pickup selector with an ivory-colored toggle cap.
Epiphone Gold Hardware The Epiphone Sheraton II-PRO has rock solid nickel hardware in elegant gold with an unbeatable LockTone Tune-o-matic bridge and StopBar tailpiece combo. Tuning is easy and reliable with gold Grover Rotomatic machine heads with a pro-level 18:1 tuning ratio. The Sheraton-II PRO is strung at the factory with D'Addario 10-46 gauge strings.
Body shape: Double cutaway
Body type: Semi-hollow or chambered body
Body material: Laminated
Top wood: Not applicable
Body wood: Maple Laminated
Body finish: Gloss
Orientation: Right handed
Neck shape: '60s SlimTaper
Neck wood: Maple with walnut
Scale length: 24.75"
Truss rod: Standard
Neck finish: Gloss
Fret size: Medium jumbo
Number of frets: 22
Inlays: Block and triangle
Nut width: 1.687" (42.8mm)
Neck: ProBucker 2
Middle: Not applicable
Bridge: ProBucker 3
Active or passive: Passive
Series or parallel: Not applicable
Active EQ: No
Special electronics: Volume controls with coil tap
Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, tone 1, tone 2
Pickup switch: 3-way
Coil tap or split: Coil tap
Kill switch: No
Bridge type: Fixed
Bridge design: Tune-o-matic
Tuning machines: Grover Rotomatic
Why buy from Melody Music Shop, LLC?
Located in Bloomington, Indiana, Melody Music Shop strives to maintain a diverse, high quality inventory along with exceptional customer service. We carry a wide range of instruments and accessories, including new and used guitars, band and orchestral instruments, pianos, amps, sound systems, and so much more!
With certified technicians on staff and a century + of experience between them all, you can rest assured any instrument you purchase from Melody Music Shop LLC is in the best condition possible! Our ENTIRE STORE is maintained at 50% humidity year round per manufacturer’s stringent requirements. All items will be packaged carefully to ensure their safe arrival. Guitars will have their string tension lowered and packaged to manufacture specs or better. Melody Music Shop LLC guarantees quality products, fast shipping, and top-notch customer service!
Please contact us if you have any questions!
Layaway is an option!
Layaway items require an initial down payment of 25%.
Layaway items can be held here for up to 90 days.
A payment of 25% (or more) is due on the 30th, 60th, and 90th day from the layaway start date (although payments may be made before the scheduled due date).
The item will ship immediately following payment in full, which may be before the 90 day layaway period.
There are no returns on layaway items. There are no refunds of payments towards a layaway item.
Please contact us with any further questions regarding our layaway policy!
Items purchased from our store will ship out within 1 business day of receiving payment. FedEX Ground or Home Delivery, fully insured, will be used for shipping instruments and large items. Items over $200 will require a signature. Accessories and other small items will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail.
We accept PayPal and will only ship to confirmed ship-to addresses listed on the PayPal account.
We accept Visa, Discover, Mastercard, and American Express. The shipping and billing address must match in order for us to ship the item to that address.
Payments via Reverb are safe and secure too!
Thank you for looking :)
- We carry most items in inventory so we can ship your items without delay.
Most purchases leave our warehouse within 2 business-days of receipt of your order. Orders received on Friday, Saturday & Sunday will ship out Monday. (Our shipping department is closed on weekends & major US holidays.)
- Some of our items are shipped directly from the supplier. These items may require longer shipping times. Large orders, or orders which include items shipped directly from our suppliers, will arrive in multiple boxes.
- If you live within the continental US you will have the following options and associated shipping & handling costs at checkout:
Orders up to $50 – $7.99
Most orders over $50 – Free Shipping
Some exclusions apply – contact us for expedited and large / heavyweight item shipping quotes
- If a package is not able to be delivered by for any reason and returned to us, the customer will be responsible for the original shipping cost, plus the cost of returned shipping, as well as shipping costs to be resent if you desire.
- Orders to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and APO addresses (AA & AP) are shipped the best way based on weight, package size, and location. Please refer below for International Shipping information.
- Once your order has been processed for shipment you will receive shipment notification from via the email you provided at checkout. This email will contain a tracking number and a link to the shipper’s website for your convenience. If you do not receive this notice, please check your spam folders.
- If you received the wrong product, or if it arrives defective or damaged in transit, please contact us within 2 days of receipt so we can assist you to resolve the problem. All damages incurred during shipment will be the responsibility of the shipping company which delivered the item (Fedex, USPS, or UPS).
We proudly ship to countries outside the United States of America: International orders are shipped the best way based on weight, package size, and location.
- All products are charged in USD (United States Dollars). Need help figuring out the rate of our products in your country? This currency calculator is an excellent tool: http://www.xe.com/.
All custom fees, taxes and duties are the sole responsibility of the customer.
The value of our package will be listed directly on your package as required by custom authorities.
The release of your package is at the sole discretion of custom agents.
Due to customs processing, some packages may be delayed delivery.
NOTE: Depending on the shipping that has been chosen, there may or may not be tracking available once your packaged leaves the US. Once the USPS verifies (via tracking/scanning information that is available at usps.com) that the package has left the country, we cannot be held responsible for any missing packages. If there is an issue It is the responsibility of the customer to provide the customer care team with solid, specific information from your countries postal service regarding an order for a refund to be issued. Please keep in mind that international orders may take a bit longer to be received by the customer as we have no control over customs. The buyer assumes all risk and responsibility when placing international orders.
Thanks for shopping at Melody Music Shop, LLC!
If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, we’re here to help.
- You have 30 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it.
- Your item must be in the original packaging with all original contents.
- Your item needs to have the receipt or proof of purchase.
If you need a different item including size or style and you are interested in returning an item in exchange for something else on the site, contact us and we’ll be glad to help you exchange your purchase or issue a store credit.
- Once we receive your item, we will inspect it and notify you that we have received your returned item. We will notify you on the status of your refund after inspecting the item.
- If your return is approved, we will initiate a refund to your credit card (or original method of payment).
- You will receive the credit within a certain amount of days, depending on your card issuer’s policies.
- You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are nonrefundable.
- If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.