Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 3rd Gen USB Audio Interface
Attention! Watch this item to be notified when: - the price of this item drops by 10% or more - another user makes an offer on this item - if the item is ever re-listed
Record whatever you want, whenever you want
Our latest generation 18-in, 8-out USB interface is ideal for multi-instrumentalists, producers and small bands who want to record audio from a wide range of sources such as drums, guitars, keyboards and vocals. It's our most comprehensive desktop interface, giving you four mic preamps, round-trip latency as low as 2.74ms*, class-leading sound quality, and two separate headphone outputs, so you can give different monitoring settings to two artists, or an engineer and artist. It's also expandable over ADAT.
Focusrite interfaces are perfect partners for Pro Tools, so Scarlett 18i8 comes with Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack, as well as Ableton Live Lite recording software and a suite of software and samples, so you can start recording straight away. Scarlett 18i8 works flawlessly with all major DAWs on Mac and PC, and we continue to work with Avid to ensure it is compatible with every update to Pro Tools.
What is latency?
Scarlett 2nd Generation interfaces have lower latency than any other USB audio interfaces. Take a look at this short video to see for yourself how latency can cause problems when recording, and find out what you can do to overcome it.
Delimit Your Studio
Don’t be limited by your interface’s connectivity. 18 separate inputs let you connect just about anything you want, and leave your instruments permanently set up and ready to record.
The four combination inputs on the front each have a natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamp, 48V phantom power and superior linear gain. Backed by 30 years of design experience, they guarantee low noise, minimal distortion and a dynamic range that is unrivalled in this class.
On the back are four more line inputs for connecting your synths, keyboards or mixers, and two additional S/PDIF inputs for recording digital sources. For even more inputs, connect an eight-channel mic pre like the Scarlett OctoPre, for a total of 16 analogue inputs with 12 preamps.
As well as two balanced analogue line outputs for connecting professional speakers, Scarlett 18i8 gives you two independent stereo headphone outputs, so you can give two artists (or an engineer and artist) their own cans and monitoring settings.
Even More I/O!
If you want four more Scarlett preamps available all the time, and take a look at Scarlett 18i20. It is beautiful, rack-mountable and capable of handling all your day-to-day studio tasks with quality and flexibility.
Expand your Scarlett with an OctoPre
Need additional mic inputs for your Scarlett interface? We have just the answer: the Scarlett OctoPre. With eight 2nd Generation Scarlett mic preamps and up to 192kHz A-D precision conversion, it connects to the ADAT input on your audio interface.
An unrivalled round-trip latency as low as 2.74ms* completely revolutionises your workflow. You can work entirely inside your DAW for both overdubbing and playback, and use your favourite plugins while recording – whether it’s reverb on a vocal, a guitar amp simulator, or even virtual instruments live on stage. You’ll also get the best out of vocal performances, by applying real-time comfort reverb to headphones.
Unrivalled Sound Quality
We’ve been perfecting audio conversion for over 20 years. Our class-leading digital conversion operates at up to 24-bit and up to 192kHz, so you capture every nuance of every performance in crystal clear audio without any unwanted noise or hum, even when you’re playing softly.
Designed For Guitarists
We’ve redesigned Scarlett 18i8's instrument inputs and given them plenty of extra headroom, so you can handle extreme levels without any unwanted clipping or distortion. If you’re recording extra loud instruments, you can also engage the 10dB pad in Focusrite Control software.
New Generation – Better In Every Way
The latest generation Scarlett 18i8 is packed full of upgrades. It operates at sample rates all the way up to 192kHz with new super-low latency* that lets you record and monitor with software effects in real time.
We completely redesigned the instrument inputs so they can handle even the hottest guitar pick-ups, and we’ve made it easier than ever to set your levels accurately. We’ve also built in new analogue protection circuitry across the inputs and the outputs, to guard your interface against unwanted power surges.
*Super-low latency depends on your choice of software, settings and computer.
Intuitive Control Software
Scarlett 18i8 works with all major DAWs on Mac and PC, and comes with Focusrite Control: our brand new software mixer designed for easily configuring your monitoring and routing setups. Simple and intuitive to use, it gives you a traditional mixer workflow, separate headphone mixes and immediate access to internal hardware functions.
The Addictive Keys virtual instrument from XLN Audio is included for free with all Focusrite audio interfaces. One full licence per account is available for existing customers as well as new customers.
Start Recording Today
Compose, record, edit, save and export your music straight away, with time-unlimited versions of industry-standard music software: Ableton Live Lite and Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack, which features 12 additional plug-ins including the Eleven Lite for real life guitar amp emulations and Black Op for iconic distortions and overdrives.
You also get Softube's Time and Tone bundle, the Focusrite Red Plug-In Suite, 2GB of Loopmasters samples and more.
Scarlett 18i8 works flawlessly with all major DAWs on Mac and PC.
Located in Bloomington, Indiana, Melody Music Shop strives to maintain a diverse, high quality inventory along with exceptional customer service. We carry a wide range of instruments and accessories, including new and used guitars, band and orchestral instruments, pianos, amps, sound systems, and so much more!
With certified technicians on staff and a century + of experience between them all, you can rest assured any instrument you purchase from Melody Music Shop LLC is in the best condition possible! Our ENTIRE STORE is maintained at 50% humidity year round per manufacturer’s stringent requirements. All items will be packaged carefully to ensure their safe arrival. Guitars will have their string tension lowered and packaged to manufacture specs or better. Melody Music Shop LLC guarantees quality products, fast shipping, and top-notch customer service!
Please contact us if you have any questions!
Layaway is an option!
Layaway items require an initial down payment of 25%.
Layaway items can be held here for up to 90 days.
A payment of 25% (or more) is due on the 30th, 60th, and 90th day from the layaway start date (although payments may be made before the scheduled due date).
The item will ship immediately following payment in full, which may be before the 90 day layaway period.
There are no returns on layaway items. There are no refunds of payments towards a layaway item.
Please contact us with any further questions regarding our layaway policy!
Items purchased from our store will ship out within 1 business day of receiving payment. FedEX Ground or Home Delivery, fully insured, will be used for shipping instruments and large items. Items over $200 will require a signature. Accessories and other small items will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail.
We accept PayPal and will only ship to confirmed ship-to addresses listed on the PayPal account.
We accept Visa, Discover, Mastercard, and American Express. The shipping and billing address must match in order for us to ship the item to that address.
Payments via Reverb are safe and secure too!
Thank you for looking :)
- We carry most items in inventory so we can ship your items without delay.
Most purchases leave our warehouse within 2 business-days of receipt of your order. Orders received on Friday, Saturday & Sunday will ship out Monday. (Our shipping department is closed on weekends & major US holidays.)
- Some of our items are shipped directly from the supplier. These items may require longer shipping times. Large orders, or orders which include items shipped directly from our suppliers, will arrive in multiple boxes.
- If you live within the continental US you will have the following options and associated shipping & handling costs at checkout:
Orders up to $50 – $7.99
Most orders over $50 – Free Shipping
Some exclusions apply – contact us for expedited and large / heavyweight item shipping quotes
- If a package is not able to be delivered by for any reason and returned to us, the customer will be responsible for the original shipping cost, plus the cost of returned shipping, as well as shipping costs to be resent if you desire.
- Orders to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and APO addresses (AA & AP) are shipped the best way based on weight, package size, and location. Please refer below for International Shipping information.
- Once your order has been processed for shipment you will receive shipment notification from via the email you provided at checkout. This email will contain a tracking number and a link to the shipper’s website for your convenience. If you do not receive this notice, please check your spam folders.
- If you received the wrong product, or if it arrives defective or damaged in transit, please contact us within 2 days of receipt so we can assist you to resolve the problem. All damages incurred during shipment will be the responsibility of the shipping company which delivered the item (Fedex, USPS, or UPS).
We proudly ship to countries outside the United States of America: International orders are shipped the best way based on weight, package size, and location.
- All products are charged in USD (United States Dollars). Need help figuring out the rate of our products in your country? This currency calculator is an excellent tool: http://www.xe.com/.
All custom fees, taxes and duties are the sole responsibility of the customer.
The value of our package will be listed directly on your package as required by custom authorities.
The release of your package is at the sole discretion of custom agents.
Due to customs processing, some packages may be delayed delivery.
NOTE: Depending on the shipping that has been chosen, there may or may not be tracking available once your packaged leaves the US. Once the USPS verifies (via tracking/scanning information that is available at usps.com) that the package has left the country, we cannot be held responsible for any missing packages. If there is an issue It is the responsibility of the customer to provide the customer care team with solid, specific information from your countries postal service regarding an order for a refund to be issued. Please keep in mind that international orders may take a bit longer to be received by the customer as we have no control over customs. The buyer assumes all risk and responsibility when placing international orders.
Thanks for shopping at Melody Music Shop, LLC!
If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, we’re here to help.
- You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it.
- Your item must be in the original packaging with all original contents.
- Your item needs to have the receipt or proof of purchase.
If you need a different item including size or style and you are interested in returning an item in exchange for something else on the site, contact us and we’ll be glad to help you exchange your purchase or issue a store credit.
- Once we receive your item, we will inspect it and notify you that we have received your returned item. We will notify you on the status of your refund after inspecting the item.
- A restocking fee may be assessed if an item is not returned in it's originally sold condition. If the customer wishes to return an item they received because they do not like the item (i.e. sound, feel, look), the customer is responsible for shipping costs to and from and those costs will be deducted from the refund amount.
- If your return is approved, we will initiate a refund to your credit card (or original method of payment).
- You will receive the credit within a certain amount of days, depending on your payment method issuer’s policies.
- You will be responsible for paying the shipping costs to and from for returning an item that is not to your liking (see above). Shipping costs are nonrefundable.