Mesa Boogie Lone Star Special 1x12 Combo Cocoa Bronco w Vinyl Cream Grill
Attention! Watch this item to be notified when: - the price of this item drops by 10% or more - another user makes an offer on this item - if the item is ever re-listed
RICH FULL BODIED TONE AS THICK AS WEST TEXAS CRUDE!
Dave Wallace, guitarist for Country Music star Jake Owen, stands behind (or on top of) his MESA Lone Star Special amps!
From its conception, the Lone Star series was targeted directly at exceeding players' expectations of both tone AND versatility from a vintage and/or modern boutique amp...without accepting compromise. Tonally, it must be experienced to believe as there are not enough adjectives to remotely do it justice. Simply put, the Lone Star is a sonic flood of Texas-sized proportions! The most ridiculously amazing cleans, classic breakup and high gain tones we have ever offered in a single amplifier!
Since the series launched, the stylistic momentum of the Lone Star has been overwhelming. Players and reviewers alike have bestowed global accolades on this gem, including prestigious Editor's Pick and Platinum Awards.
Introducing the Pure Class A, EL-84 Powered LONE STAR SPECIAL featuring channel assignable power that allows you to assign 1, 2 or all 4 EL-84's to either of its 2 Channels for independent Power Ratings of 5, 15 or 30 Watts!
WHAT SETS THE LONE STAR SPECIAL APART FROM THE LONE STAR?
Take the incredibly expressive pre-amp of the Lone Star with its intuitive versatility, add the vintage magic of EL-84's running Pure Class A, and a new classic is born. Where its big brother, the Lone Star boasts the huge warmth and headroom of 6L6 power, the Lone Star Special delivers seductive, bubbly tone and a sensual, elastic feel. This Lone Star is short on weight, but tall on personality.
AUTHENTIC RETRO-TONE IS ALL ABOUT POWER AND THE WAY IT CLIPS.
Authentic retro-tone is all about power and the way it clips. Yet in any given amp, the sweet-spot of power clip is inseparably tied to its wattage and playing loudness. The Lone Star Special smashes this age-old limitation by offering three distinct power configurations, each with its own window of wattage: 30, 15, or 5. Perfect Power. Per Channel. On Demand.
Multi-Watt Channel Assignable Power offers three choices that may be pre-set for each channel. Push-pull configurations deliver 30 or 15 watts. For 5 watts, the Special switches to Single-Ended. Operation remains Pure Class A at all times.
30 Watts, bold and pure from all four power tubes punches through the mix and hangs with a band in mid-size venues. 15 watts cries the blues with sinful passion and coaxing expressive soul from an electron-soaked pair of EL-84's. Both circuits run Pure Class A in a Push-Pull configuration. But what really makes this Lone Star Special is its ability to switch down to 5 watts of single-ended power bliss...more on circuitry.
THE MAGIC OF PUSH-PULL CIRCUITS
Drive Control: Channel 2 CLEAN/ DRIVE switch kicks in another triode tube stage for the high gain lead mode, or lets you bypass it entirely for a slightly higher gain clone of Channel 1.
In Push-Pull circuits, the second harmonic is cancelled out when the two halves of the wave-form are recombined in the output transformer. Unlike Push-Pull, Single-Ended circuits preserve this most musical of all harmonics. A subtle coating of warm distortion (an octave above the note you're playing) glazes the entire spectrum with a purring, golden halo of precious nuance. Perfect for individual playing or recording. For a full description of this technology see Randall Smith's "Class A - Exposed and Explained" on the Amplitudes Blog.
Between the two Lone Stars, you can choose to clip your power at 5, 15, 30, 50 or 100 watts.
HOME, STUDIO OR GIG READY. FINELY TUNED POWER FOR ANY VENUE
Lone Star Special with Tasmanian Blackwood cabinet and Tan Jute Grille. The inlay design is abalone with an abalone and Ebony wood MESA logo! Choose from our extensive collection of Premier and Private Reserve hardwoods, to create the custom amp you've always envisioned - with a personalized inlay!
All this bouncy Class A tone blooms naturally in a trim, new 1x12 cabinet roughly 3/4's the size of its big brother Lone Star. And you can afford to pack both of these hand-crafted jewels for around the same bling-bling as a one-trick pony from the boutique corral. But don't shop price, compare tone!
Gigging at the club, rehearsing with the band, recording in the studio, tracking at home or simply finding inspiration late at night, the finely tuned power sections of the Lone Star Special transcend all these needs going where no single amp has gone before.
Why buy from Melody Music Shop, LLC?
Located in Bloomington, Indiana, Melody Music Shop strives to maintain a diverse, high quality inventory along with exceptional customer service. We carry a wide range of instruments and accessories, including new and used guitars, band and orchestral instruments, pianos, amps, sound systems, and so much more!
With certified technicians on staff and a century + of experience between them all, you can rest assured any instrument you purchase from Melody Music Shop LLC is in the best condition possible! Our ENTIRE STORE is maintained at 50% humidity year round per manufacturerâ€™s stringent requirements. All items will be packaged carefully to ensure their safe arrival. Guitars will have their string tension lowered and packaged to manufacture specs or better. Melody Music Shop LLC guarantees quality products, fast shipping, and top-notch customer service!
Please contact us if you have any questions!
Layaway is an option!
Layaway items require an initial down payment of 25%.
Layaway items can be held here for up to 90 days.
A payment of 25% (or more) is due on the 30th, 60th, and 90th day from the layaway start date (although payments may be made before the scheduled due date).
The item will ship immediately following payment in full, which may be before the 90 day layaway period.
There are no returns on layaway items. There are no refunds of payments towards a layaway item.
Please contact us with any further questions regarding our layaway policy!
Items purchased from our store will ship out within 1 business day of receiving payment. FedEX Ground or Home Delivery, fully insured, will be used for shipping instruments and large items. Items over $200 will require a signature. Accessories and other small items will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail.
We accept PayPal and will only ship to confirmed ship-to addresses listed on the PayPal account.
We accept Visa, Discover, Mastercard, and American Express. The shipping and billing address must match in order for us to ship the item to that address.
Payments via Reverb are safe and secure too!
Thank you for looking :)Â
- We carry most items in inventory so we can ship your items without delay.
Most purchases leave our warehouse within 2 business-days of receipt of your order. Orders received on Friday, Saturday & Sunday will ship out Monday. (Our shipping department is closed on weekends & major US holidays.)
- Some of our items are shipped directly from the supplier. These items may require longer shipping times. Large orders, or orders which include items shipped directly from our suppliers, will arrive in multiple boxes.
- If you live within the continental US you will have the following options and associated shipping & handling costs at checkout:
Orders up to $50 – $7.99
Most orders over $50 – Free Shipping
Some exclusions apply – contact us for expedited and large / heavyweight item shipping quotes
- If a package is not able to be delivered by for any reason and returned to us, the customer will be responsible for the original shipping cost, plus the cost of returned shipping, as well as shipping costs to be resent if you desire.
- Orders to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and APO addresses (AA & AP) are shipped the best way based on weight, package size, and location. Please refer below for International Shipping information.
- Once your order has been processed for shipment you will receive shipment notification from via the email you provided at checkout. This email will contain a tracking number and a link to the shipper’s website for your convenience. If you do not receive this notice, please check your spam folders.
- If you received the wrong product, or if it arrives defective or damaged in transit, please contact us within 2 days of receipt so we can assist you to resolve the problem. All damages incurred during shipment will be the responsibility of the shipping company which delivered the item (Fedex, USPS, or UPS).
We proudly ship to countries outside the United States of America: International orders are shipped the best way based on weight, package size, and location.
- All products are charged in USD (United States Dollars). Need help figuring out the rate of our products in your country? This currency calculator is an excellent tool: http://www.xe.com/.
All custom fees, taxes and duties are the sole responsibility of the customer.
The value of our package will be listed directly on your package as required by custom authorities.
The release of your package is at the sole discretion of custom agents.
Due to customs processing, some packages may be delayed delivery.
NOTE: Depending on the shipping that has been chosen, there may or may not be tracking available once your packaged leaves the US. Once the USPS verifies (via tracking/scanning information that is available at usps.com) that the package has left the country, we cannot be held responsible for any missing packages. If there is an issue It is the responsibility of the customer to provide the customer care team with solid, specific information from your countries postal service regarding an order for a refund to be issued. Please keep in mind that international orders may take a bit longer to be received by the customer as we have no control over customs. The buyer assumes all risk and responsibility when placing international orders.
Thanks for shopping at Melody Music Shop, LLC!
If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, we’re here to help.
- You have 30 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it.
- Your item must be in the original packaging with all original contents.
- Your item needs to have the receipt or proof of purchase.
If you need a different item including size or style and you are interested in returning an item in exchange for something else on the site, contact us and we’ll be glad to help you exchange your purchase or issue a store credit.
- Once we receive your item, we will inspect it and notify you that we have received your returned item. We will notify you on the status of your refund after inspecting the item.
- If your return is approved, we will initiate a refund to your credit card (or original method of payment).
- You will receive the credit within a certain amount of days, depending on your card issuer’s policies.
- You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are nonrefundable.
- If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.