Attention! Watch this item to be notified when: - the price of this item drops by 10% or more - another user makes an offer on this item - if the item is ever re-listed
When you’re serious about drumming, you need a kit to match your ambition. The V-Drums TD-17 series lets your technique shine through, backed up with training tools to push you further. Combining a TD-50-class sound engine with newly developed pads results in an affordable electronic drum kit that’s authentically close to playing acoustic drums—accurately mirroring the physical movement, stick coordination and hand/foot control that every drummer needs. Meanwhile, an array of built-in coaching functions will track your technique, measure your progress and increase your motivation. Becoming a better drummer is still hard work, but the TD-17 can help you get there.
Authentic Playing Feel and Skill-Building Tools
If you regularly play acoustic drums, you shouldn’t have to change your playing style to use an electronic drum kit. You can use the same playing techniques you’d use on an acoustic kit, without compromise, thanks to the large 12-inch snare* and a natural feeling hi-hat** that can even be mounted on an acoustic hi-hat stand. And being based on the flagship TD-50 sound engine, the sounds faithfully reproduce the character and tone of acoustic drums, with lightning fast response time.
The Essential Tools to Improve Your Drumming
First thing’s first: drummers should be able to keep a solid beat before moving on to the exciting stuff. But mastering the basics is exciting too, as it provides a solid foundation for building your skills, not forgetting that tracking your progress is highly motivating too. The TD-17 module includes a Coach Mode to support your daily exercise regime. You can warm up, develop your sense of groove, tempo and timing, and even work on your stamina—all with a score that tells you how you’re doing.
Join Your Favorite Band…No Audition Necessary
Although playing endless drum solos is undeniably fun, it only takes you so far. Push your drumming further by playing along with your favorite bands, or rehearse the tunes you’ll be playing on stage. Wirelessly stream favorite songs from your smartphone to the TD-17 via Bluetooth audio, and hear the entire performance through your headphones. You can even record your performance and then listen back, to decide where you need to improve.
Preparing To Play Live
When rehearsing, it’s important to play with the same familiar drum sounds that you’ll be using on stage. The TD-17 includes a variety of expressive modelled drum sounds inherited from the flagship TD-50, so you’ll be sure to find the perfect drum sound as you prepare for the gig.
Learn At Your Own Pace with Online Lessons and Desktop Applications
Aside from studying with a drum teacher, there are plenty of online drum lessons or computer-based learning methods. The TD-17 is designed to help you improve—however you like to learn.
Performance under Pressure, For Years to Come
Roland V-Drums are built to be reliable—from the sound module, to the pads, right down to the pedals; each component must deliver, across every scenario and in every performance. The pads and pedals used in the TD-17 series are engineered to take a beating, but their playability also endures. And as your skills and ambitions grow, you can expand your TD-17 by adding an extra crash cymbal or second snare—safe in the knowledge that you’re using the same durable components favored by pro drummers.
Drum sound module: TD-17 x 1 Snare: PDX-12 x 1 Tom: PDX-8 x 3 Hi-Hat: CY-5 x 1 Hi-Hat control pedal: FD-9 x 1 Crash: CY-8 x 1 Ride: CY-8 x 1 Kick: KD-10 x 1 Drum Stand: MDS-4V or MDS-COMPACT x 1 (included in U.S. only)
Extra trigger input jack: 2 (CRASH 2, AUX)
Accessories: Sound module mount, AC adaptor, Special connection cable, Drum key, Knob bolt (for PDX-12), Setup guide, Owner's manuals
Options (sold separately): Drum stand: MDS series 1, Cymbal mount: MDY series, Pad mount: MDH series, Personal drum monitor: PM series, V-Drums accessory package: DAP-3X, V-Drums mat: TDM series, Noise eater: NE-100, NE-10, Kick pedal, SD card
Width: 1,300 mm, 51-3/16 inches
Depth: 1,100 mm, 43-5/16 inches
Height: 1,200 mm, 47-1/4 inches
Weight: 23.0 kg, 50 lbs 12 oz
Why buy from Melody Music Shop, LLC
Located in Bloomington, Indiana, Melody Music Shop strives to maintain a diverse, high quality inventory along with exceptional customer service. We carry a wide range of instruments and accessories, including new and used guitars, band and orchestral instruments, pianos, amps, sound systems, and so much more!
With certified technicians on staff and a century + of experience between them all, you can rest assured any instrument you purchase from Melody Music Shop LLC is in the best condition possible! Our ENTIRE STORE is maintained at 50% humidity year round per manufacturer's stringent requirements. All items will be packaged carefully to ensure their safe arrival. Guitars will have their string tension lowered and packaged to manufacture specs or better. Melody Music Shop LLC guarantees quality products, fast shipping, and top-notch customer service!
Please contact us if you have any questions!
Layaway is an option!
Layaway items require an initial down payment of 25%.
Layaway items can be held here for up to 90 days.
A payment of 25% (or more) is due on the 30th, 60th, and 90th day from the layaway start date (although payments may be made before the scheduled due date).
The item will ship immediately following payment in full, which may be before the 90 day layaway period.
There are no returns on layaway items. There are no refunds of payments towards a layaway item.
Please contact us with any further questions regarding our layaway policy!
Items purchased from our store will ship out within 1 business day of receiving payment. FedEX Ground or Home Delivery, fully insured, will be used for shipping instruments and large items. Items over $200 will require a signature. Accessories and other small items will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail.
We accept PayPal and will only ship to confirmed ship-to addresses listed on the PayPal account.
We accept Visa, Discover, Mastercard, and American Express. The shipping and billing address must match in order for us to ship the item to that address.
Payments via Reverb are safe and secure too!
Thank you for looking :)
- We carry most items in inventory so we can ship your items without delay.
Most purchases leave our warehouse within 2 business-days of receipt of your order. Orders received on Friday, Saturday & Sunday will ship out Monday. (Our shipping department is closed on weekends & major US holidays.)
- Some of our items are shipped directly from the supplier. These items may require longer shipping times. Large orders, or orders which include items shipped directly from our suppliers, will arrive in multiple boxes.
- If you live within the continental US you will have the following options and associated shipping & handling costs at checkout:
Orders up to $50 – $7.99
Most orders over $50 – Free Shipping
Some exclusions apply – contact us for expedited and large / heavyweight item shipping quotes
- If a package is not able to be delivered by for any reason and returned to us, the customer will be responsible for the original shipping cost, plus the cost of returned shipping, as well as shipping costs to be resent if you desire.
- Orders to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and APO addresses (AA & AP) are shipped the best way based on weight, package size, and location. Please refer below for International Shipping information.
- Once your order has been processed for shipment you will receive shipment notification from via the email you provided at checkout. This email will contain a tracking number and a link to the shipper’s website for your convenience. If you do not receive this notice, please check your spam folders.
- If you received the wrong product, or if it arrives defective or damaged in transit, please contact us within 2 days of receipt so we can assist you to resolve the problem. All damages incurred during shipment will be the responsibility of the shipping company which delivered the item (Fedex, USPS, or UPS).
We proudly ship to countries outside the United States of America: International orders are shipped the best way based on weight, package size, and location.
- All products are charged in USD (United States Dollars). Need help figuring out the rate of our products in your country? This currency calculator is an excellent tool: http://www.xe.com/.
All custom fees, taxes and duties are the sole responsibility of the customer.
The value of our package will be listed directly on your package as required by custom authorities.
The release of your package is at the sole discretion of custom agents.
Due to customs processing, some packages may be delayed delivery.
NOTE: Depending on the shipping that has been chosen, there may or may not be tracking available once your packaged leaves the US. Once the USPS verifies (via tracking/scanning information that is available at usps.com) that the package has left the country, we cannot be held responsible for any missing packages. If there is an issue It is the responsibility of the customer to provide the customer care team with solid, specific information from your countries postal service regarding an order for a refund to be issued. Please keep in mind that international orders may take a bit longer to be received by the customer as we have no control over customs. The buyer assumes all risk and responsibility when placing international orders.
Thanks for shopping at Melody Music Shop, LLC!
If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, we’re here to help.
- You have 30 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it.
- Your item must be in the original packaging with all original contents.
- Your item needs to have the receipt or proof of purchase.
If you need a different item including size or style and you are interested in returning an item in exchange for something else on the site, contact us and we’ll be glad to help you exchange your purchase or issue a store credit.
- Once we receive your item, we will inspect it and notify you that we have received your returned item. We will notify you on the status of your refund after inspecting the item.
- If your return is approved, we will initiate a refund to your credit card (or original method of payment).
- You will receive the credit within a certain amount of days, depending on your card issuer’s policies.
- You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are nonrefundable.
- If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.