TAMA Starclassic Maple 3-piece shell pack Flat Steel Blue Metallic
Attention! Watch this item to be notified when: - the price of this item drops by 10% or more - another user makes an offer on this item - if the item is ever re-listed
Tama's original Starclassic series revolutionized the way we think about building drums, inspiring the thin-shelled Maple movement that still reins supreme today. The company's modern Starclassic Maple line continues to offer the same genre-defying, one-kit-fits-all appeal that helped make it one of the most popular professional-grade instruments in the world. Full tones characterized by heavy attack and rich presence that make these drums perfect for studio and stage work alike.The Starclassic Maple line includes Quick-Lock tom brackets and floor tom brackets. Originally developed for the company's flagship STAR series, they offer lightning fast, locked-in set-ups and completely eliminate metal-to-metal contact. Combined with precision-cut bearing edges, die-cast hoops, the Star-Cast mounting system, and other innovative appointments, these upgrades help make Starclassic Maple drums ideal for players in search of a truly professional instrument.
22x14 Bass Drum
16x16 Floor Tom w/Legs
In the '80s TAMA's Superstars and Imperialstars reigned supreme - the perfect drums for the times. But TAMA's builders and designers wanted something that transcended trends, something timeless - drums that understood a player's passion and allowed the expression of every genre, style, mood, and technique. They created Starclassic Maple drums...and ignited the thin-shell revolution. And now the new Exotic Finish line offers beautiful, one-of-a-kind exotic wood exteriors for that extra luxurious touch. Numerous options are available to meet the varied and critical needs of professional drummers including a selection of more than 30 different shell sizes. Starclassic Maple also features three shell hardware finishes to choose from: Black Nickel, Chrome and Smoked Black Nickel. Starclassic Maple is simply an unprecedented combination of sight and sound.
Star-Cast Mounting System
The Star-Cast Mounting System has always provided maximum resonance and stability for TAMA's pro-drums. A streamlined design makes it easier to position toms closer together for greater ease and comfort than ever before. In addition, a switch to aluminum provides lighter weight and even truer tonal vibration. Last but not least, Star-Cast is now plated to match your drum's shell hardware!
Hoops not only affect drum tuning; they also affect drum sound. That's why the choice of hoops was so important to the designers of TAMA's professional drum lines. We choose zinc die-cast hoops, which are manufactured by injecting molten metal into molds. Die-cast hoops have more density and are more consistent in shape than triple flanged hoops, which are manufactured by bending metal plates. Die-cast hoops make tuning more consistent and easier to achieve because the tension bolts always contact the hoop properly. Drums fitted with die-cast hoops also offer crisper attack, clear and resonant highs and much more powerful rim shots.
Hold Tightâ„¢ Washers (US. PAT.NO.7307204)
The Hold Tight washer is a totally unique invention: a non-loosening washer! Its cup-shaped stainless steel washer contains a rubber ring so the tension rod pushes both the cup washer and the rubber ring. Normally, vibrations will eventually loosen the tension rod. But the softness of Hold Tight's rubber ring keeps it in contact with both the tension rod and the hoop at all times and maintains friction between them, so that tension is always preserved.
EvansÂ® heads are featured on all Starclassic drums (except bass drum front heads). On the rack and floor toms, Genera G2 2-ply clear batter heads and Genera G1 1-ply clear bottom heads provide both durability and solid sound. Starclassic bass drums are fitted with Genera EQ4 clear batter heads.
Starclassic's claw hooks feature rubber spacers that help protect wood hoops from damage. The hooks and hoops work as one unit and won't separate or rattle, even on loose tunings.
Air Cushioned Floor Tom Legs
Starclassic's Air Pocketâ„¢ rubber feet feature a special air chamber, that eliminates the transfer of vibrations to the floor (which chokes sustain and sound) and absorbs shock for better playing.
Bass Drum Spur Bracket (Starclassic)
TAMA's MSB30 die-cast bracket holds the spur bracket securely, thanks to the same powerful hinge mechanism used on the MTB30 mounting bracket.Unique memory markers found on the folding spur bracket help simplify set up.
Quick-Lock Tom Brackets (US.PAT.NO.9269337) (Starclassic)
The new "Quick-Lock" tom brackets equipped on the Star-Cast Mounting System and on Starclassic floor toms have some very distinctive, ground-breaking features. First and foremost, as their name suggests, these brackets allow for quick and easy setup and breakdown. But the real unique feature of these brackets is that once the drum is positioned on a tom stand or floor tom legs, there is no need to attach and adjust separate memory locks to save the setting. By simply sliding the switch on the tom bracket, the bracket separates into two parts. When the drum is removed for breakdown, the "memory lock" portion remains on the tom stand or floor tom leg. This saves your positioning and makes the next set up quick and easy.
These Quick-Lock tom brackets have some hidden acoustic benefits as well. Following the same principle of reducing vibration transference from drums to the tom stands or floor tom legs, these tom brackets also employ rubber lining to further isolate the drums and enhance resonance.
Lacquer Finishes All Maple Shell TT/FT: 6ply 5mm, BD: 8ply 7mm
For the optimum transfer of vibrations from head to shell, a thinner shell is better. However, less thickness often equals less strength. Instead of simply making thinner shells by using fewer plies, TAMA slims down each ply and then cross laminates them into a 6ply 5mm thick shell (8ply 7mm bass drum). This combination results in a thinner shell that's actually stronger than others of greater thickness. Starclassic shells utilize maple, the most popular shell material today because of its warm clear sound.
Shell Depths (Starclassic Maple)
To achieve the sound and response you are looking for, Starclassic Maple offer a choice of six different depths ranging from the shallow Hyper-Drive to the cavernous X-tra Deep. TAMA's new 20"x22" Ultra Deep bass drum size is now available. This size provides thunderous low end combined with maximum resonance.
Hold Tight washers are designed to prevent the tension rods from loosening. They consist of a cup-shaped stainless steel washer which contains a rubber ring. Vibration caused from striking a drum creates space between tension rods and hoops, which can cause the tension rods to loosen over time. The rubber rings on our Hold Tight washers help absorb the impact of vibration and keeps tension rods in constant contact with the hoops to prevent loosening.
Why buy from Melody Music Shop, LLC?
Located in Bloomington, Indiana, Melody Music Shop strives to maintain a diverse, high quality inventory along with exceptional customer service. We carry a wide range of instruments and accessories, including new and used guitars, band and orchestral instruments, pianos, amps, sound systems, and so much more!
With certified technicians on staff and a century + of experience between them all, you can rest assured any instrument you purchase from Melody Music Shop LLC is in the best condition possible! Our ENTIRE STORE is maintained at 50% humidity year round per manufacturerâ€™s stringent requirements. All items will be packaged carefully to ensure their safe arrival. Guitars will have their string tension lowered and packaged to manufacture specs or better. Melody Music Shop LLC guarantees quality products, fast shipping, and top-notch customer service!
Please contact us if you have any questions!
Layaway is an option!
Layaway items require an initial down payment of 25%.
Layaway items can be held here for up to 90 days.
A payment of 25% (or more) is due on the 30th, 60th, and 90th day from the layaway start date (although payments may be made before the scheduled due date).
The item will ship immediately following payment in full, which may be before the 90 day layaway period.
There are no returns on layaway items. There are no refunds of payments towards a layaway item.
Please contact us with any further questions regarding our layaway policy!
Items purchased from our store will ship out within 1 business day of receiving payment. FedEX Ground or Home Delivery, fully insured, will be used for shipping instruments and large items. Items over $200 will require a signature. Accessories and other small items will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail.
We accept PayPal and will only ship to confirmed ship-to addresses listed on the PayPal account.
We accept Visa, Discover, Mastercard, and American Express. The shipping and billing address must match in order for us to ship the item to that address.
Payments via Reverb are safe and secure too!
Thank you for looking :)Â
- We carry most items in inventory so we can ship your items without delay.
Most purchases leave our warehouse within 2 business-days of receipt of your order. Orders received on Friday, Saturday & Sunday will ship out Monday. (Our shipping department is closed on weekends & major US holidays.)
- Some of our items are shipped directly from the supplier. These items may require longer shipping times. Large orders, or orders which include items shipped directly from our suppliers, will arrive in multiple boxes.
- If you live within the continental US you will have the following options and associated shipping & handling costs at checkout:
Orders up to $50 – $7.99
Most orders over $50 – Free Shipping
Some exclusions apply – contact us for expedited and large / heavyweight item shipping quotes
- If a package is not able to be delivered by for any reason and returned to us, the customer will be responsible for the original shipping cost, plus the cost of returned shipping, as well as shipping costs to be resent if you desire.
- Orders to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and APO addresses (AA & AP) are shipped the best way based on weight, package size, and location. Please refer below for International Shipping information.
- Once your order has been processed for shipment you will receive shipment notification from via the email you provided at checkout. This email will contain a tracking number and a link to the shipper’s website for your convenience. If you do not receive this notice, please check your spam folders.
- If you received the wrong product, or if it arrives defective or damaged in transit, please contact us within 2 days of receipt so we can assist you to resolve the problem. All damages incurred during shipment will be the responsibility of the shipping company which delivered the item (Fedex, USPS, or UPS).
We proudly ship to countries outside the United States of America: International orders are shipped the best way based on weight, package size, and location.
- All products are charged in USD (United States Dollars). Need help figuring out the rate of our products in your country? This currency calculator is an excellent tool: http://www.xe.com/.
All custom fees, taxes and duties are the sole responsibility of the customer.
The value of our package will be listed directly on your package as required by custom authorities.
The release of your package is at the sole discretion of custom agents.
Due to customs processing, some packages may be delayed delivery.
NOTE: Depending on the shipping that has been chosen, there may or may not be tracking available once your packaged leaves the US. Once the USPS verifies (via tracking/scanning information that is available at usps.com) that the package has left the country, we cannot be held responsible for any missing packages. If there is an issue It is the responsibility of the customer to provide the customer care team with solid, specific information from your countries postal service regarding an order for a refund to be issued. Please keep in mind that international orders may take a bit longer to be received by the customer as we have no control over customs. The buyer assumes all risk and responsibility when placing international orders.
Thanks for shopping at Melody Music Shop, LLC!
If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, we’re here to help.
- You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it.
- Your item must be in the original packaging with all original contents.
- Your item needs to have the receipt or proof of purchase.
If you need a different item including size or style and you are interested in returning an item in exchange for something else on the site, contact us and we’ll be glad to help you exchange your purchase or issue a store credit.
- Once we receive your item, we will inspect it and notify you that we have received your returned item. We will notify you on the status of your refund after inspecting the item.
- A restocking fee may be assessed if an item is not returned in it's originally sold condition. If the customer wishes to return an item they received because they do not like the item (i.e. sound, feel, look), the customer is responsible for shipping costs to and from and those costs will be deducted from the refund amount.
- If your return is approved, we will initiate a refund to your credit card (or original method of payment).
- You will receive the credit within a certain amount of days, depending on your payment method issuer’s policies.
- You will be responsible for paying the shipping costs to and from for returning an item that is not to your liking (see above). Shipping costs are nonrefundable.