Yanagisawa AW020 Elite Eb Alto Saxophone, All Bronze
Attention! Watch this item to be notified when: - the price of this item drops by 10% or more - another user makes an offer on this item - if the item is ever re-listed
AW020 - Elite Model. The upgraded replacement for the highly regarded A992 series, this AWO20 bronze model is an instrument for the accomplished player. It delivers a superb tonal range with an unmistakably darker edge thanks to the fine bronze body, and it also benefits from the WO series re-engineered bore and toneholes, and re-sourced and redesigned core brass material. This model also has many upgraded features exclusive to the WO series such as newly designed Front F Keys, Ride Side Keys and Right Pinky Key.
Key: Eb Range: Low Bb to High F# Body: Bronze Bow: Bronze Bell: Bronze Keys: Brass Finish: Lacquered Neck: Bronze Neck Type: Detachable Neck Case: Fabric Covered, Woodshell case with outer pocket and Backstraps
BELL ARM KEYS Double Arm Using double arms on the Bell Keys, helps to keep the tone holes fully sealed by removing the chances of twisting or distortion of the tone hole cup. This in turn helps ensure reliable performance and tonal integrity.
BELL BRACE Balanced Tri-Point Brace The bell and body are firmly linked by a three-point, balanced brace which ensures structural resiliance and firm resonance, even when fortissimo is sought.
BELL KEY BUFFER Metal Adjustable The buffers used on the bell keys are metal - and therefore offer increased longevity and accuracy over plastic - and are fully adjustable. This means the aperture of the bell toneholes are within your control.
BORE AND TONE HOLES WO Series Bore and Tone Holes In Yanagisawa's desire to constantly innovate, all new WO series saxophones have a newly engineered bore and toneholes. This helps achieve a smoother blow and even more precise intonation.
BRASS / MATERIAL WO Series Brass Material The WO series saxophones benefit from a newly designed, newly engineered and specially sourced brass material for improved sound and sonority.
C# - BB - B KEYS C# - Bb - B Rocking Key The C#, Bb and B keys are all connected via a rocking / see-saw mechanism. This is a unique Yanagisawa feature and ensures the easiest transition between these pitches.
ENGRAVING WO10 / WO20 Style Hand Engraved Yanagisawa WO10 and WO20 series saxophones now feature a uniquely styled, hand engraved pattern.
F AUXILIARY KEY F-Auxiliary Key This mechanism fitted to the F-Aux key ensures a proper seal of the pads when playing in the low ranges of the saxophone.
FRONT F KEY WO Series Redesigned front F Key The Front F key on WO series saxophones has been redesigned to further improve the ease of fingering.
KEY DECORATION White Shell Lining A player's fingers will rest comfortably in the indented white shell keys. The white shell also enhances the beauty of the instrument while also preventing the player's fingers from slipping during technical passages.
KEY WORK MOUNTING Rib Mounted This is an enhanced design with the keys mounted to a rib plate which in turn is mounted to the body. This not only gives added strength to the keywork, but has the added benefit of improved resonance and tonal stability.
MOUTHPIECE Ebonite Mouthpieces Ebonite mouthpieces are favoured for their warm tone and ability to fit into an ensemble seamlessly. However, as players discover their own voice, switching to another style of mouthpiece can open up a whole world of new tonal possibilities. Metal mouthpieces are often favoured by Jazz players or soloists who need to stand out from the crowd.
OCTAVE KEY TYPE Underslung An underslung octave mechanism is considered to have a much quicker, more responsive action. It is also a more complex and expensive system to manufacture. So underslung octave keys are to be found on saxophones from the 991 / AWO10 series upwards.
OCTAVE SYSTEM Fluororesin Non-Stick Mechanism As standard octave key mechanisms can get sticky over time, Yanagisawa's flouroresin, non-stick coating ensures a reliable action with no stickiness.
PAD REFLECTOR Metal Reflectors Metal reflectors are an improvement upon the standard plastic reflectors, and they add clarity to the tone and improve playing response across the whole dynamic range.
PAD TYPE Air Tight Waterproof Pad Yanagisawa's superb waterproof pad is totally air tight which allows complete confidence in the instrument's tonal integrity, plus the waterproof material offers a greatly extended pad life.
PALM KEY PLATE WO Series Palm Key Plate Previously only available on the 99* series saxophones, the WO Series' addition of the palm key plate delivers high range resonance, acoustic depth, added projection and added tonal stability.
PIVOT SCREWS Pointed Pivot Screws Special pointed pivot screws are used in all centre arms on Yanagisawa saxophones. These screws precisely maintain the stability of the centre arms, and help achieve a very high precision action.
RIGHT PINKY KEY WO Series Right Pinky Key
The angle of the Right 'Pinky' key on WO series saxophones has been improved to give a smoother fingering feel.
RIGHT SIDE KEY WO Series Right Side Key The Right side key levers on WO series saxophones now has additional feet for a better touch. This affects the Bb, C and E.
SPRING TYPE Blue Steel Springs Blue Steel Spring are better than stainless steel - as used on most other saxes - as they hold tension more effectively, and therefore enhance the key action.
Why buy from Melody Music Shop, LLC?
Located in Bloomington, Indiana, Melody Music Shop strives to maintain a diverse, high quality inventory along with exceptional customer service. We carry a wide range of instruments and accessories, including new and used guitars, band and orchestral instruments, pianos, amps, sound systems, and so much more!
With certified technicians on staff and a century + of experience between them all, you can rest assured any instrument you purchase from Melody Music Shop LLC is in the best condition possible! Our ENTIRE STORE is maintained at 50% humidity year round per manufacturers stringent requirements. All items will be packaged carefully to ensure their safe arrival. Guitars will have their string tension lowered and packaged to manufacture specs or better. Melody Music Shop LLC guarantees quality products, fast shipping, and top-notch customer service!
Please contact us if you have any questions!
Layaway is an option!
Layaway items require an initial down payment of 25%.
Layaway items can be held here for up to 90 days.
A payment of 25% (or more) is due on the 30th, 60th, and 90th day from the layaway start date (although payments may be made before the scheduled due date).
The item will ship immediately following payment in full, which may be before the 90 day layaway period.
There are no returns on layaway items. There are no refunds of payments towards a layaway item.
Please contact us with any further questions regarding our layaway policy!
Items purchased from our store will ship out within 1 business day of receiving payment. FedEX Ground or Home Delivery, fully insured, will be used for shipping instruments and large items. Items over $200 will require a signature. Accessories and other small items will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail.
We accept PayPal and will only ship to confirmed ship-to addresses listed on the PayPal account.
We accept Visa, Discover, Mastercard, and American Express. The shipping and billing address must match in order for us to ship the item to that address.
Payments via Reverb are safe and secure too!
Thank you for looking :)
- We carry most items in inventory so we can ship your items without delay.
Most purchases leave our warehouse within 2 business-days of receipt of your order. Orders received on Friday, Saturday & Sunday will ship out Monday. (Our shipping department is closed on weekends & major US holidays.)
- Some of our items are shipped directly from the supplier. These items may require longer shipping times. Large orders, or orders which include items shipped directly from our suppliers, will arrive in multiple boxes.
- If you live within the continental US you will have the following options and associated shipping & handling costs at checkout:
Orders up to $50 – $7.99
Most orders over $50 – Free Shipping
Some exclusions apply – contact us for expedited and large / heavyweight item shipping quotes
- If a package is not able to be delivered by for any reason and returned to us, the customer will be responsible for the original shipping cost, plus the cost of returned shipping, as well as shipping costs to be resent if you desire.
- Orders to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and APO addresses (AA & AP) are shipped the best way based on weight, package size, and location. Please refer below for International Shipping information.
- Once your order has been processed for shipment you will receive shipment notification from via the email you provided at checkout. This email will contain a tracking number and a link to the shipper’s website for your convenience. If you do not receive this notice, please check your spam folders.
- If you received the wrong product, or if it arrives defective or damaged in transit, please contact us within 2 days of receipt so we can assist you to resolve the problem. All damages incurred during shipment will be the responsibility of the shipping company which delivered the item (Fedex, USPS, or UPS).
We proudly ship to countries outside the United States of America: International orders are shipped the best way based on weight, package size, and location.
- All products are charged in USD (United States Dollars). Need help figuring out the rate of our products in your country? This currency calculator is an excellent tool: http://www.xe.com/.
All custom fees, taxes and duties are the sole responsibility of the customer.
The value of our package will be listed directly on your package as required by custom authorities.
The release of your package is at the sole discretion of custom agents.
Due to customs processing, some packages may be delayed delivery.
NOTE: Depending on the shipping that has been chosen, there may or may not be tracking available once your packaged leaves the US. Once the USPS verifies (via tracking/scanning information that is available at usps.com) that the package has left the country, we cannot be held responsible for any missing packages. If there is an issue It is the responsibility of the customer to provide the customer care team with solid, specific information from your countries postal service regarding an order for a refund to be issued. Please keep in mind that international orders may take a bit longer to be received by the customer as we have no control over customs. The buyer assumes all risk and responsibility when placing international orders.
Thanks for shopping at Melody Music Shop, LLC!
If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, we’re here to help.
- You have 30 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it.
- Your item must be in the original packaging with all original contents.
- Your item needs to have the receipt or proof of purchase.
If you need a different item including size or style and you are interested in returning an item in exchange for something else on the site, contact us and we’ll be glad to help you exchange your purchase or issue a store credit.
- Once we receive your item, we will inspect it and notify you that we have received your returned item. We will notify you on the status of your refund after inspecting the item.
- If your return is approved, we will initiate a refund to your credit card (or original method of payment).
- You will receive the credit within a certain amount of days, depending on your card issuer’s policies.
- You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are nonrefundable.
- If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.